Re: 10g server won't start on XP

From: Jeff C <jeffCalico_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2005 13:33:04 -0700

EdStevens wrote:

> Looks from your services that the db itself is ok. What does the
> alert.log say?

I can't find any file *alert.log anywhere...

> You have your listener configured for s specific IP address?? And this
> is on your home computer? Where do you get your IP address? DHCP and
> assigned by you ISP? If so, you're probably not running under the same
> IP address as when you first set up. I believe that would be consistent
> with the TNS- error msgs in your listener log.

This may be promising. Yes, I am using DHCP. I notice a certain ip addr hard coded in tnsnames.ora (and listener.ora) blah.101 and today I note my ip addr seems to be blah.102. Maybe I was just luck in the past and always got assigned the same address? Anyway, I can edit those files and change the address, but I would sure hate to have to do that every day....

--Jeff Received on Wed Sep 14 2005 - 15:33:04 CDT