Re: Why Statistics doesn't match reponse time?

From: Bin <wangbinlxx_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2005 23:44:32 -0700

>Great response Jonathan as usual. Very refreshing compared to other
>regular posters such as one on this thread asking "why are you running
>9.2.0.3?"

Fully agree.

>I have a question too ... why are you using 9.2.0.3? There have been
>four patches since then that have substantially improved the optimizer.
I'm testing a new application on test database, which is a copy of production one. The production system is 24x7, and runs well. You are mad if you install each patchset on production when oracle releases it without trying to fix any issue of your application.

Regards,
Bin Received on Mon Sep 12 2005 - 01:44:32 CDT