Re: FREE Oracle 9i/10g DBA eBook http://www.takveen.com/ebooks/ebookp.pdf

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:05:55 GMT

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 05:57:01 -0700, Godfrey wrote:

> More than anything the tone in your posting reflects badly on you and
> others like you.

That is a matter of opinion.

> You, Sybrand Bakker, IANAL_VISTA, and last but not
> least Daniel A. Morgan are just bullies in this group.

No, they are not. There is no such thing as a newsgroup bully. They're protesting being spammed and rightfully so.

> I'd ask you to
> stop it but collectively you all back each other, attempt to justify
> the unjustifiable, and will carry on ignorantly insulting all in this
> group regardless.

So, everybody is being a bully, except for you? You are a lone ranger against a gang of experienced Oracle DBA's? They're the people that keep this group interesting and are preventing people from asking questions like "how do I update a record, without locking it". Among other things, this type of reaction keeps spammers off the group, for the most part. If you feel bullied, it's your problem. I don't have a problem with telling someone that he's wrong when I think that he is wrong.

> If you want to make a helpful post, do so, otherwise
> don't post. Shut up!

Ah, that's how a civilized debate is conducted in your world!

> As for Asim Abassi, perhaps he didn't know that he shouldn't have
> posted the link. Who cares. Just give him and others like him a break
> won't you!

Advertising free anything makes me instantly suspicious. Personally, I wrote a free DBA tool but am not advertising it on this group. Advertising free anything in the place not meant for advertising is spam and I am hereby warning the author that the next post of that nature will be forwarded to SpamCop.

> English is not his first language. You would expect
> grammatical and spelling errors. You don't have to publically insult
> him like this.

Can we do it in private? As for spelling errors, he's so poor that he doesn't have enough money for a spelling checker, is that it? If someone is advertising a book in English, then doing it properly and in accordance with the accepted grammar and spelling might be of some help. Me thinks that if someone suggests reading a book written in "me Tarzan, you Jane" garden variety of the English language, I'll have to think carefully about such proposition. BTW, as my name implies, English is not my first language, either.

> It just doesn't matter! He has gone to a lot of effort
> and sweat to produce this document. Accept it for what it is. It will
> be helpful to someone I am sure.

To SpamCop?

--
http://www.mgogala.com