Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Console won't let me login as SYS, Win XP

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 9 Sep 2005 13:33:06 -0700

barneytoe wrote:
> I want to stop my DB, but OEMC won't let me login, ora version 9.2.
>
> Am a newbie to managing my own DB.
>
> I'm trying to login as SYS and it refuses. I can switch over to my
> DBArtisan SQL tool and it lets me login fine with same user/pwd combo.
>
> SQLPLUS also doesn't let me login as SYS. Says invalid user/pwd.
>
> Maybe an ORACLE_SID env var prob? It's not currently set.
>
> thanks.
>
> chris

DBArtisan is using a tns alias, is it not? Are you using the same connect string with OEMC? Likely not, and ORACLE_SID should then be set (it should be set on the local DB server anyway). Also, SYS as SYSDBA is the only way, by default, you can use the SYS account, unless you have O7_DIcTIONARY_AVAILABILITY set to TRUE (you shouldn't).

Please post the login sequence you're attempting to use, so we will know exactly what you ARE doing and what you may be missing.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Sep 09 2005 - 15:33:06 CDT