Re: 8.1.7 shutdown

From: Umberto <umberto.quaia_at_tin.it>
Date: 9 Sep 2005 03:57:45 -0700

Try increasing timeout for Windows service using "oradim" utility. Probably it takes more than 30 seconds to "shutdown immediate" and windows service automatically closes without waiting. You can check time set in "HKLM\Software\Oracle\..." instance registry key.
Make sure shutdown mode is "i" (immediate) and not "a" (abort).

My advice is however to shutdown DB and other important services by hand before rebooting reserving automatic shutdown to emergency cases only.

However, according to my experience, real corruption is normally due to disk failures. Even a system crash normally is solved by "recover database". Received on Fri Sep 09 2005 - 05:57:45 CDT