Re: How to keep multiple Undo segments online

From: Doug <dougburns_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2005 02:14:51 -0700

alea wrote:

> Making onlining/offlining these Undo segments slows
> the database down for a minute or two, and I have
> been looking for a way to fix this. So far I have
> downloaded several Oracle pdf manuals; however, haven't
> yet found solutions to this particular issue.

Well that's automatic undo management doing what it has to do to support the current workload. There is an event you can set to stop the automatic offlining of undo segments, but I think you'd want to discuss this carefully with Oracle support before setting it.

Cheers,

Doug

--
Doug Burns - Oracle DBA