Re: How to uninstall Oracle8 (Server)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:58:15 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:

> User wrote:
>

>> Hi All
>>
>> Could you please tell me (step by step) how to uninstall Oracle 8
>> (Server)?
>> I have it on two computers with Windows NT 4 and Windows XP Pro.
>> I'd like to remove it from all places (directories, registry,
>> services, path etc.)
>> on both computers.
>>
>> Please help me. I can't do it despite I looked for an advice in the net.
>>
>> Regards
>> User
>

> 1. Stop Oracle
> 2. Run oradim to drop the Windows service

Accidentally sent before completed.

  1. Stop Oracle and other Oracle related services
  2. Run oradim
  3. Remove Oracle directory and all subdirectories
  4. Remove Oracle directory under "Program Files"
  5. Remove Oracle from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / ORACLE

If you do not know how to do any of these steps I'd suggest finding someone that does. The last one, in particular, can trash the machine if done incorrectly.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org