Re: all_triggers

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:36:15 -0700

dw wrote:
> Hans
>
> The business requirement is that a generic user which runs batch jobs
> need to create some dynamic SQL in the nightly run . All are automated
> processes and the batch user need to select stuff from dba_triggers. I
> was exploring the options of not giving access to DBA_ views. Purely
> because I didn't want the support people who owns the batch user
> poking around DBA_views. I don't think I have much choice unless I
> create another set of views based on DBA_ views like you said.
>
> Thanks

I still fail to understand why you asked the question in the first place given that you knew ALL_TRIGGERS exists.

But just to pursue this a bit further. What exactly would be the harm in granting SELECT on DBA_TRIGGERS to a batch job? Is there any security requirement that will be violated by this?

Or ... why not create your own version of DBA_TRIGGERS showing just trigger information on one or so specific schemas or tables? It would take far less time than this thread.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org