Re: Archive logs files accumulating on my Oracle log mode Database

From: Osso <james.dunning_at_generaldynamics.uk.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2005 05:38:04 -0700

Thanks for your the quick response.

Just one point, surely once you have performed a backup of an oracle database configured in archive log mode, any archive logs files generated before the backup can be purged from the system?

After all the last backup operation should have brought the backup files upto date? however any archive logs files generated after the backup should be kept so that if the system does fail, you can recover the last backup performed, and roll the database forwards using the log files to the point before the failure?

Regards
James Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 07:38:04 CDT