ORA-12571 error suddenly with forms6i and discoverer

From: web guy <web-guy01XXSPAMMXX_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:44:58 -0400

Hi,

I'm on WinXP, and I have been using forms6i and Discoverer 4 to connect to a 7.3.4 db. All was working well, even after adding 10g client. Then these 2 apps which use net8 began having ORA-12571 TNS packet writer failure errors. I can't figure out what happened or how to correct the problem.

tnsping80 'ip address' or 'alias' gives the same error, while tnsping works fine. I also have 9i client and it works fine as well. The problem is I need to use forms6i and discoverer.

I did have a 'spywhare' problem recently, but I think I have that cleaned out. Did something happen on the tcp/ip level that is preventing net8 from working?

I removed/re-installed discoverer, but that did not fix the problem, which is making me think it is something at the networking level, not oracle level.

Any thoughts or ideas? I haven't found much searching groups. I do not   have McAfee virus scan.

Thanks,

Tim Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 06:44:58 CDT