Re: How to find no of sessions every hour

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:48:26 GMT

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am using Oracle 10.1.0.3 on Windows 2000. I have database control on
> and collecting AWR using default values.
>
> I want to know how many sessions were connected to database every
> hour/every day. My database gets rebooted every weekend.
>
> I presume this information is somewhere in AWR data dictionary tables
> (or HIST tables..), but cannot figure out which table/tables to query.
>
> Appreciate any help,
>

> Prem

Sessions total? Your listener.log file has some relevant info for network connections.

Sessions concurrent? You could take a statistical sample (time series) of the V$SESSION table.

What quantity do you expect to correlate to the number of Oracle RDMBS sessions? (assuming the number of sessions, by itself, does not have a useful business meaning...)

-Mark Bole Received on Tue Sep 06 2005 - 19:48:26 CDT