Re: Table default settings

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:02:35 -0700

FC wrote:

> My unspecified changes will remain unspecified for now because I have
> to be able to map the MS SQLServer settings Vs. the Oracle settings,
> then I need to determine which settings are a must. But that is another
> story.
>
> Why do I want to change the default settings? Because my application
> runs on systems that already have Oracle installed. Since they may have
> their own default settings I want to make sure my own defaults are
> satisfied without interfering with the owner's defaults.

What you have written gives clear evidence that you have not bothered to read the Oracle architecture and concepts docs: Do so now!

Map SQL Server settings to Oracle? The word for this is masochism. Find someone that knows something about Oracle and listen to them.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org