Re: error in writing to directory

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 23:59:44 +0200

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:36:40 +0200, "JéJé" <jeje79_at_free.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem when I try to install oracle 9.i on a windows server 2003.
>When I launch universal installer, I've got the message :
>"error in writing to directory c:\......."
>oracle can't write to the temporary directory of the user however a
>directory have been created in the temporary directory ??!!
>the user is admin and I have enough space on the disk
>
>any idea ?
>
>thanks

Which release of Oracle 9i? In the early days of 9i there was a separate patch to allow 9i to run on 2003. Your post is very unclear. Which user 'admin'. You need to install Oracle using the *local* administrator account (usually called Administrator, not Admin).
Secondly, the installer, AFAIK, only starts writing to a temporary directory, *after* you set up Oracle_home, and it's associated directory.
As we can't look over your shoulder, your post boils down to 'It doesn't work, can you guess what is going wrong for free, no complementary beer for any correct answer'

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA