Virus Alert Targeted at Oracle Customers

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:59:59 -0700

The PSOUG has been receiving, on a regular basis several weeks, emails fraudulently made to look as though they were sent by Pete Finnigan and that appear to come from plsql_at_petefinnigan.com.

Each and every one contains a virus ... and not one is legitimately from Pete or his organization.

We have also, from time-to-time, received emails fraudulently made to look like they come from Oracle Corp. and most show the sender as being from the us.oracle.com domain that Oracle has not used for years.

If you receive one of these they should be deleted unopened.

We no longer open any email we receive on a Windows operating system, well actually we don't even have a Windows machine, and thus are immune to their attempts to do damage but others may not have this option so we thought it time to warn the community and to make sure that Pete is not blamed for what some other immature troll is doing.

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org