Re: [ODBC, Windows] How to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on a 9.2 client?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Sep 2005 11:55:29 -0700

Wolfram Roesler wrote:
> Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_spam.la> wrote in news:Xns96C3774905C1Bwrgrpde@
> 62.153.159.134:
>
> > So, does anyone know how the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver can be installed
> > with the 9.2 client software?
>
> With the help of Oracle Support I found the answer at last:
> You have to use the Installer 10.1.0.2.0 from patch 3540563
> in order to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on Oracle 9.2.
> Older or newer Installer versions won't work. The readme.txt
> file in ora92065.exe (the file with the ODBC driver update)
> is wrong in this respect.
>
> Why it took Oracle Support over a week to figure this out is
> beyond me however.
>
> Thanks and have a nice weekend
> W. Rösler

Glad you finally got a solution.

I was about to point out this forum

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=145

which is specifically about ODBC.

It's a real mixed bag with these patches, eh? Some supply their own installer, most go in with opatch, some go in with opatch nicely into a RAC environment, some go in only doing local installs on each node.

But it's getting better right? Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 13:55:29 CDT