Re: something magic about SYS.LINK$ ?

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:12:29 +0200

EdStevens schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko wrote:
>

>>EdStevens schrieb:
>>
>>>Oracle 9.2.0.7.0 on Win2003
>>>
>>>Stumbled on to this, and don't have an explanation:
>>>
>>>Connected as SYSTEM, with the standard, out-of-the-box DBA role:
>>>
>>>system_at_NPSTDB.WORLD> select count(*) from sys.link$;
>>>select count(*) from sys.link$
>>>                         *
>>>ERROR at line 1:
>>>ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>>>
>>>A little further hunting shows that there are only 2 of the sys.$
>>>tables that this happens on ... SYS.LINK$ and SYS.USER_HISTORY$
>>>

>>>???
>>>

>>Maybe issue of O7_dictionary_accessibility ? If set to FALSE, all tables
>>owned by SYS must be granted explicitly ( select any table combined with
>>select any dictionary are not sufficient ).
>>
>>Best regards
>>
>>Maxim

> Well, O7_dictionary_accessibility = false, but if that were the issue,
> I shouldn't be able to get any of the sys.%$ tables, right?
>
> C:\>sqlplus system_at_npsp9
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Sep 2 13:01:52 2005
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> Enter password:
>
> Connected to:
> Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production
> JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production
>
> SQL>
> SQL> show parameter O7
>
> NAME TYPE VALUE
> ------------------------------------ -----------
> ------------------------------
> O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY boolean FALSE
>

> SQL> select table_name
> 2 from dba_tab_privs
> 3 where owner='SYS'
> 4 and grantee='SYSTEM'
> 5 and table_name like '%$'
> 6 /
>
> no rows selected
>
> SQL> select count(*) from sys.link$;
> select count(*) from sys.link$
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>

> SQL> select count(*) from sys.access$;
>
> COUNT(*)
> 10258
>
> There's no difference in ownership or object privileges between
> sys.link$ and sys.access$. I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but
> what?

The rest of 'visible' tables owned by sys maybe granted to system by some roles. Which of them - it depends, which options are installed ( which cat*.sql were executed ).

You can compare output of
select grantee,table_name from dba_tab_privs where owner='SYS' AND TABLE_NAME LIKE '%$; and select table_name from dba_tables where owner = 'SYS' AND TABLE_NAME LIKE '%$'; Best regards

Maxim Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 13:12:29 CDT