enqueue wait while altering tablespace to readonly

From: cbarak <charlinbarak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2005 10:13:27 -0700

I have a table in tablespace A with uncommitted transaction and when I logged in to a different session and tried to alter another tablespace, B to read only, the session just hung waiting on enqueue wait. I don't understand why the session has to wait on enqueue when the tablespace I was trying to alter to read only was different from the tablespace containing the uncommitted transaction. Can someone explain?

Session 1:

SQL> create table test1 (id number) tablespace tools;

Table created.

SQL> insert into test1 values (10);

1 row created.

Session 2:

SQL> alter tablespace users read write; --> session hung. Waiting on enqueue.

thanks.

charlin Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 12:13:27 CDT