Re: Primary/non primary sessions

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:09:05 +0000 (UTC)

"amogh" <amogh.r_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:chXQe.13$XW.143_at_news.oracle.com...
> Hi,
>

> Is there a SYS table which indicates whether a
> session is primary or non primary? I tried using
> the v$session table, but none of the columns seem to
> indicate whether a session is primary or non-primary.
>
> I RTFM and STFW but couldnt find an answer. Any pointers
> would help!
>
> Amogh

Following on from your later descriptions of what you mean by primary/non-primary - which were not terms I had come across
before in the context of sessions - you could try looking at v$session_connect_info.

Each sessionid gets a few lines in this view, and one of the values for the 'authentication_type' column is "PROXY". I haven't tested this, but my guess is that your non-primary sessions will be authenticated as proxy sessions. (The others may be authenticated as "SERVER").

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

Now waiting on the publishers:    Cost Based Oracle - Volume 1

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 8th July 2005