SGA configuration

From: astalavista <spam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 09:36:49 +0200

Hi,

I inherited a 9.2.0.4 database on a W2000 / 4GB box:

The spfile is like below:
SGA_MAX_SIZE=950M
Cache = 167M

Shared Pool= 250M
Log Buffer = 0.5M
Large Pool = 130 M

Java Pool = 130 M

At a first glance, it seems to me that
Shared pool is too big and Cache is too small, am I correct ??

I can keep SGA_MAX_SIZE = 950M
(or increase it ? )

I would change the other parameters like below: Cache = 450M

Shared Pool= 100M
Log Buffer = 0.5M
Large Pool = 130 M ( RMAN is used )

Java Pool = 50 M ( no Java in database)

And these prarameters are dynamicly modifiable
( no reboot, this is a production database )

What do you think about that ?

Thanks in advance Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 02:36:49 CDT