Re: Why would installing Oracle 10g decrease overall disk performance?

From: Daniel Fink <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 09:55:28 -0700

A shot in the dark...

I recall a problem where iSQL*plus was conflicting with another piece of software and was writing a line about this conflict to its log multiple times a second. I noticed the problem when the drive on my laptop spun up and never stopped! The log finally filled up the disk. I disabled iSQL*Plus and the problem never returned. Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 11:55:28 CDT