Re: problem with universal installer, ora 9i server on XP

From: barneytoe <barneytoe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 07:02:11 -0700

Have to strongly disagree with you here.

There's nothing "universal" about their installer. In many cases (by the # of threads in this group) it fails to uninstall previous versions. And apparently, other versions of oracle already on a PC can cause disasterous results.

The key to solving my problem was needing a complete uninstall of other oralce version, and the tool couldn't do that for me.

cheers.

chris Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 09:02:11 CDT