I tried to kill session but it's still running !

From: <jbeteta_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 00:18:47 -0700

How to kill a session that is running a stored procedure? I am running a stored procedure (Oracle 9i) from a Client PC (WXP)using TOAD. I would like to stop it using Kill Session -> Post Transaction of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Using Oracle Entreprise Manager, in the Server (W2003), I have identified the session. I right click on the session and click Kill Session -> Post Transaction. But nothing happens! The stored procedure is still running. What do I have to do? Do I have to close the TOAD session from the client PC however and then after that go to Oracle Enterprise Manager and Kill Session -> Post Transaction? I'm afraid to loose changes in my tables if I cancel the TOAD Stored Procedure that is running.
Thank you! Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 02:18:47 CDT