Re: How do I change the interpreted decimal character in an external table file

From: Jaap W. van Dijk <j.w.vandijk.removethis_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:20:18 +0200

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:11:18 GMT, Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com> wrote:

>Jaap W. van Dijk wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the pointer, I'll try it myself. I think It's a bit
>> tricky though because all sorts of reinterpretations could take place,
>> not only the decimal character.
>>

>You don't really need to change the characterset but only to specify the
>language_territory.
>
>> Do you know where this is documented, because all I can find is that
>> you have to adjust this by specifying another NLS_TERRITORY or
>> NLS_DECIMAL_CHARACTERS.
>>

>First example I found:
>http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14223/transform.htm
>(official documentation).
>
>Hope it can help.

Fabrizio,

I searched the page you mentioned ('14 Loading and Transformation' of the 'Database Data Warehousing Guide 10g') for 'decimal' and for 'territory' and for 'nls_lang', but with no result. I skimmed the text but I could not find any reference to changing the decimal character. Could you point me to the exact spot on the page?

Jaap. Received on Wed Aug 31 2005 - 04:20:18 CDT