Re: Primary/non primary sessions

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:36:14 GMT

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:33:48 +0530, amogh wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is there a SYS table which indicates whether a session is primary or non
> primary? I tried using the v$session table, but none of the columns seem
> to indicate whether a session is primary or non-primary.
>
> I RTFM and STFW but couldnt find an answer. Any pointers would help!

We, the people of comp.databases.oracle.server hold this truth to be self evident: all oracle sessions are created equal. Well, sort of, if we disregard the division on system and user, foreground and background, MTS vs. dedicated server etc. What would be the primary session? Oracle doesn't maintain hierarchical relationship between sessions, like Unix between processes. There is no primary or parent session. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as the primary session.

--
http://www.mgogala.com