ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: Brijesh <brijeshmathew_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2005 22:43:21 -0700

Hi Everyone

I am running Oracle 9i Release 9.0.1 on Windows 2000 Server. Last night, I started getting the error ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process. I have gone through the postings in the groups for this error, however I could not find a solution to fix my problem. My database was working fine till the time it started giving this error (just making sure that its not a tnsnames.ora problem). I have less than 10 applications connected most of the day, and there may be few more connections coming in, not more than 30 at any instance to my knowledge.
I am not sure where to start with, and what to look for. I have set trc_level on my listener to admin.
Can someone help me with this. ?

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Mathew Received on Mon Aug 29 2005 - 00:43:21 CDT