Re: completely get rid of perfstat user

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:25:28 GMT, Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>NetComrade wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Is there are a way to completely remove perfstat from the database
>> (w/o looking through each create script)? (9.2.0.7)
>> For whatever reason, something keeps not being incremented, and we get
>> the following error on executing the perfstat job.
>>
>> ORA-00001: unique constraint (PERFSTAT.STATS$SQL_SUMMARY_PK) violated
>> ORA-06512: at "PERFSTAT.STATSPACK", line 1361
>> ORA-06512: at "PERFSTAT.STATSPACK", line 2471
>> ORA-06512: at "PERFSTAT.STATSPACK", line 91
>> ORA-06512: at line 1
>>
>> We've tried dropping the user and then recreating it, but it doesn't
>> seem to help (I believe there are other objects being created
>> elsewhere that perfstat relies on)
>
>I ran into same problem a while back. Its a bug in 9i.
>
>I'm not exactly sure if you ran into the same exact bug because that
>bug was related to perfstat snapshots being taken at >= 5 level.
>
>Bug 2784796 where statspack.snap using level higher than 5 fails with ORA-0001
>
>Checkout the workaround/fix in metalink

Problem is very similar.. we were running at level 5.. we are running with cursor_sharing=similar on this particular database.. however the problem did go away after user recreate, so no workaround is currently needed..

Thanks for the info.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.6/7 on Solaris 2.7 and RH4 remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Aug 16 2005 - 10:04:25 CDT