Re: Script for performing clean shutdown before windows shutdown

From: Ach C via DBMonster.com <forum_at_DBMonster.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:00:43 GMT

Thanks for your replies,

   Let me say complete story for you: One of our sites had to format its OS due to a HW problem.Our most recent backup of oracle on that site was about 6 days old and we did not want to loose those days data.Finally I did resotre database using old remaining oracle files(Similar to what you may do about cold backups).
  We are lucky because I found if the header of datafiles were not in match (due to a dirty shutdown) we could not restore those files.So it was the sprite of this thread: How can I made all sites to perform a clean shutdown before windows shutdown? I know I can't force all those DBAs to do a "shutdown immediate or normal" every time so the workaround is to do so automatically.
  Hope to be clear enough.

 -Regards