Re: server IP adress and port

From: jerry <j.zarychta_at_interia.pl>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:57:48 +0200

Użytkownik Mark D Powell napisał:
> You fail to list your Oracle version. On versions prior to 9 or 9.2 I
> believe there is a way using java but I do not know it.

9.2

> With 9.2 (maybe 9) + you can use the following database call to get the
> database server IP address
>
> select
> utl_inaddr.get_host_address as hip
> from
> sys.dual

it's work. Thanks!!!!

> I know of no query that will provide the Operating System Port number
> in use, however you cannot get a connection to the database to issue a
> query unless you know the port number to use to make a connection so
> why do you need to query for it? The port number is most likely going
> to be 1521.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Why I need server IP adress and port? - so, I must write a function (Delphi) which get information about database server and actual session. Well, about session I can use sys_context function, about server IP adress - I can use your query. Now I need to get a port number. I know that in most often case it is 1521, but I neet do read this information from server and I do not know how.

Thanks for the query!
jerry Received on Fri Aug 12 2005 - 08:57:48 CDT