Re: server IP adress and port

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2005 06:25:56 -0700

You fail to list your Oracle version. On versions prior to 9 or 9.2 I believe there is a way using java but I do not know it.

With 9.2 (maybe 9) + you can use the following database call to get the database server IP address

select
  utl_inaddr.get_host_address as hip
from
  sys.dual

I know of no query that will provide the Operating System Port number in use, however you cannot get a connection to the database to issue a query unless you know the port number to use to make a connection so why do you need to query for it? The port number is most likely going to be 1521.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Aug 12 2005 - 08:25:56 CDT