Re: Flattening a time-based tree structure

From: Catalin Pitis <cata.pitis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 21:31:48 -0700

Now I got it. Yes, for a specific point in time, the hierarchy is valid and complete (no cycles). Building this "snapshot" several thousand times, it takes some time... And it is not the only problem.

Ok, I build the hierarchy at some moment in time. But I also have to see what are the changed nodes. And the nodes affected by these changes. And recompute the hierarchy only for those nodes.

OR

I can recompute the entire new hierarchy at that moment, compare with the old hierarchy, keep the differences, close the changed records (set valid to field) and job's done.

But it takes a lot of time to do it.

Catalin Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 23:31:48 CDT