Re: RMAN archivelog restore

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 06:45:31 -0700

On 9.2 you should configure the automatic controlfile backup feature and be done with it.
For those suckers (like myself) that are stuck on 8i (or don't want to use the controlfile auto backup),
they need to run alter database backup controlfile to <filename> (IMPORTANT: NOT to TRACE)
AFTER any backup in RMAN, when they are using their controlfile as catalog.
Otherwise their backup isn't in the controlfile and they are forced to run incomplete recovery.
Note: I learned this from a test restore!!! Doing this test restore, I prevented some unpleasant surprises!

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA