Re: RMAN archivelog restore

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:49:10 +0100

> Complete recovery is not an option for you anymore in this situation as
> you don't have a current controlfile. If you are not using a catalog,
> you *always* need to dump the controlfile to <filename> *after* any
> relevant backup.

hmm thats got me thinking as i backup using this

run {
allocate channel d1 type disk;
copy current controlfile to '/u05/backup/control/xxxx/backup_control.ctl'; backup
full
tag full_db
format '/u05/backup/rman/db_%t_%s_p%p'
(database);
release channel d1;
  }

are you saying i should have the copy control file bit at the end of the script ? This is on 9.2.0.4

thanks Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 07:49:10 CDT