Re: No future for DB2

From: Jurgen Haan <jurgen_at_fake.dom>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:04:06 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:

> Java, in many cases is being used not with the web but as a
> replacement for what has traditionally been done with C/C+.

oddly enough, a lot of telecom providers also use java for their networks. A few years ago when I was still in school (advanced informatics) I got to do an assignment for Ericsson, building an application which routed an emergency call to the nearest doctor, based on cell antenna locations. All of it, including the SDK provided by ericsson: Java. I might add, even though I'm not really fond with java, it did the trick quite nicely.

-R- Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 09:04:06 CDT