Re: No future for DB2

From: Jurgen Haan <jurgen_at_fake.dom>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:51:40 +0200

Buck Nuggets wrote:

> Over the last year two folks on my team received their db2
> certification. Shockingly, they weren't in the 50s, these guys are in
> the mid-twenties.

Same here... 26 myself, got my performance tuning cert 8 months ago. Found DB2 rather easy to learn. But alas, I can not compare it to Oracle. The only experience I have with Oracle is from an users' perspective, not from a dba's. But I found some things which make DB2 appear a little dated, but this goes for the entire RDB model.

-R- Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 09:51:40 CDT