Excel 2003 Automation error refreshing Database queries

From: <shaw.marsh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2005 23:06:26 -0700

Hi,

We are experiencing "Automation Error: The object involved has disconnected from itsd client" errors when executing the following VBA code: "Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False" The error does not occur consistently and many spreadsheets have never exhibited the problem. A small group of spreadsheets often show the problem but not at consistent times or at the same query. The spreadsheets were originally written with Excel 97 using Windows 2000, MDAC 2.6 and Oracle version 8.1.7 and ran without any such errors, only showing this error since we upgraded to XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1 against Oracle 9.2.
We have tried different versions of MDAC; on Windows 2000 server with Office 2003; with Merant ODBC drivers and had the same error.

Any advice you may have is appreciated. Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 01:06:26 CDT