Dumb Question regarding Indexes

From: Perm <rhugga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2005 09:04:48 -0700

I am a bit confused about creating indexes. If I have a table with 5 columns, do I create an index for each column, or create an index for all columns in the same index, or what??

I have noticed some applications create multiple indexes for a certain table, each containing 1 or more columns from the table, and some indexes contain the same columns as others...

Thx for any info.
BP Received on Fri Jul 29 2005 - 11:04:48 CDT