Re: No future for DB2

From: Buck Nuggets <bucknuggets_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2005 07:59:39 -0700

Noons says with authority:

> dunno. But one thing I know for certain:
> it takes a mainframe to run DB2.

really? should I immediately look for a mainframe to rehost some of my db2 udb databases running on aix. Like:

These used servers and their out of the box db2 workgroup license cost almost nothing, and just run. I suppose I could through millions of dollars of hardware at this problem, but everyone seems pretty happy with this solution so far.

Someday you'll say something for certain that's actually correct. I mean, if a million monkeys could eventually type up the complete works of shakespear, anything can happen given enough time. Received on Fri Jul 29 2005 - 09:59:39 CDT