Re: No future for DB2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:08:53 +1000

Buck Nuggets apparently said,on my timestamp of 30/07/2005 12:59 AM:

> really? should I immediately look for a mainframe to rehost some of my
> db2 udb databases running on aix. Like:

Like I said: it takes a mainframe to run db2. udb can be run on a shitload of other stuff. You don't listen when I yell "slow down", do you?

> These used servers and their out of the box db2 workgroup license cost
> almost nothing, and just run.

One day I'll show you how much our servers cost, software included...

 > I suppose I could through millions of
> dollars of hardware at this problem, but everyone seems pretty happy
> with this solution so far.

I suppose you could. But then again if peeing in dark pants gives you a warm feeling, who am I to bother noticing?

> Someday you'll say something for certain that's actually correct.

Someday. Meanwhile, I don't have to listen to you.

> mean, if a million monkeys could eventually type up the complete works
> of shakespear,

prove it, don't just say it. Want me to send you pens? I've got some el-cheapo ones, from the previous job at the IBM var.

 > anything can happen given enough time.

Yes. Even db2 becoming the same as udb.

--
Cheers