Re: queries on db corruption..

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2005 00:03:33 -0700

Thanks again gurus..Yes I do want to implement proper procedures...I think while they don't agree for changing to archivelog mode, they will agree to shut down the database once a week so that I can take cold physical backup. Actually the clients drive the procedures so our management really does not have much choice ...and clients are technically very competent and they told me that server crash etc has not happened in last 5/6 years so that is why they do not want to change their ways..
So I will have daily full export backup as well as a cold backup once in a week...some combination!!
The work environment is really smooth so I will continue here, with prayers, cold & logical backups , and continued studies!! N.. Received on Wed Jul 27 2005 - 02:03:33 CDT