Re: Prevent Root access from database

From: PhilB <phillip.bridges_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2005 07:20:53 -0700

Thanks for the reply Mark. Not sure I can use the ignorance of the administrators as an argument though, after all a quick search on google will tell anyone how to "su" to oracle and "connect / as sysdba"

I think I may have found a solution though. From what I can find, there is a way to rejig oracle by modding the config.s file in $OH/rdbms/lib to point to non-existent "oper" and "dba" groups and then relink, this should in theory then stop the use of the conn / as sysdba. Received on Mon Jul 25 2005 - 09:20:53 CDT