Urgent -How to save not latin dates?

From: Ach <Ashkan.Roshanayi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2005 23:26:51 -0700

Hi there,
 Is there anybody knows how can I save not latin dates in Oracle? I mean for example: Jalali(shamsi) calender or Arabic Calender(Hijri) instead of using Julian Calendar.
 Currently we do this by saving this dates in varchar type and another equivalent Latin datetime(e.g. 2 columns).We perform operations on Latin and then manipulate the varchar column and ofcourse application always will see this varchar column.
 -Thanks alot Received on Mon Jul 25 2005 - 01:26:51 CDT