Re: Protecting the encryption key from the DBA

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:34:41 +0200

Frank van Bortel schrieb:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>>I used grep -a on the datafile, expecting to find *no* match; I found
>>a match, so I concluded no encryption had taken place.

> meaning: I'd love to see how you did the block dumps

Well,

maxim_at_ORA102> create table test_table(id number,name varchar2(30));

Table created.

maxim_at_ORA102> insert into test_table values(1,'BlaBla');

1 row created.

maxim_at_ORA102> commit;

Commit complete.

maxim_at_ORA102> select
dbms_rowid.rowid_relative_fno(rowid),dbms_rowid.rowid_block_number(rowid) from test_table;

DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_RELATIVE_FNO(ROWID) DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_BLOCK_NUMBER(ROWID)

------------------------------------ ------------------------------------
                                    4                                   85

maxim_at_ORA102> alter system dump datafile 4 block 85;

System altered.

maxim_at_ORA102> alter table test_table modify(name encrypt);

Table altered.

maxim_at_ORA102> alter system dump datafile 4 block 85;

System altered.

maxim_at_ORA102>

After that you have your dump in user_dump_dest. Alternatively you can do it with oradebug.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jul 21 2005 - 12:34:41 CDT