Oracle and SAN

From: John Wood <jwood_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:25:36 GMT

Hi there,

We are using Oracle 9i R2 on Window2K. We are planning to use SAN box for the database. It seems to me that the use of SAN may contradict what has been recommanded from Oracle, say separation of database files, redo log files, archived log files and the RMAN backup files.

I am not familiar with SAN setup. I think it can be partitioned into many logical drives and each logical drive may have their own RAID configuration. I hope some one can give me a heads up what and how to configure the SAN. Or some link to get more info on setting up Oracle database on SAN box.

Thanks.

JW Received on Wed Jul 20 2005 - 22:25:36 CDT