Re: Rookie questions...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:28:11 -0700

cnsjs wrote:
> I'm very new to Oracle and have learned a bunch in the last eight
> months. However being a babe in such a vast field, there is soooo much
> to learn and experience. I have been given a project to validate
> numeric and character data columns. In addition to those tasks, I have
> to supply a fiscal year for a date column. I've been searching
> everything that I can get my hands on to see if there is such a thing
> as a Fiscal Year date function. And as far as the other two data
> types, is there an IF Alpha or IF Numeric fucntion set up in Oracle?
> Please advise.
>

> Thanks a bunch you all....

There is no fiscal year function as every organization has its own fiscal year and definition of what it is based on geography and tax laws.

Just for fun go to www.psoug.org
click on Morgan's Library
click on Data Integrity
some of the things there might be of value to you. But they won't help you with fiscal year issues. You need to write your own.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org