Re: EXEC syntax for SP which returns row set

From: <m0002a_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2005 20:43:49 -0700

First, I did RTFM. More specifically the 10g manual which does not say anything about how to test it from SQL*Plus. I have also asked about 10 Oracle experts, none of whom seem to know.

Second, it you look closely, I tried 3 differernt commands. The first one was "exec sec.test2" (no input parms) and since the SP has no IN variables, I thought that would work, but it did not and I was experimenting with other options (see my orginal post).

I did find a solution that seems to work if I create a function (instead of SP) according to this link, which also shows how to execute the function from SQL*Plus (it worked for me): http://www.enterprisedt.com/publications/oracle/result_set.html

Never seen so many people answer questions who don't know the answer. Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 22:43:49 CDT