Re: External table and null value

From: Phil <philip.moore_at_hp.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2005 22:12:58 -0700

Hi,

I have a little experience with this. It stems from the fact that I had used SQL Loader to emulate such behavior before (i.e. using Oracle functions on columns to change their "in-file" values).

It seems there isn't an easy way to do this with External Tables, because Oracle is counting on you doing the transformation with SQL in an INSERT statement into the "real" destination table.

The only thing I can think of would be for you to insulate your external table with a view which does the "NVL" function for you. Otherwise - you will have to do an INSERT from the external table into a "real" Oracle table...

Hope this helps...

Sincerely,

Philip Received on Thu Jul 14 2005 - 00:12:58 CDT