Re: Oracle 10g on Solaris 10?

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:50:57 +0200

David E. Grove wrote:

>> search on metalink / google - fixes are everywhere

[...]
> I tried to follow the instructions after using OUI to do a virgin
> install of
> 10g on Sun V480/Solaris 10.
>
> The result of executing 'opatch apply' in the patch directory was, in
> part:
> "This Oracle Home does not have components/versions required by the
> patch.
> ERROR: OPatch failed during pre-reqs check."
>
> There was no indication of what the missing components/versions might
> be.
> Did OUI "forget" something? Does anyone have any thought on what
> might be
> missing?

IIRC the patch requires 10.1.0.3 and you most likely installed 10.1.0.2. Now you have the option to install 10.1.0.3 followed by the patch or skip that and directly install Patchset 10.1.0.4. This worked for me (on an old E450) but I did not get Oracle HTTP Server running so I could not install HTMLDB. Now I'm waiting for 10.2 on Sparc.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de