how to handle migrating to new database over time

From: fluff <highcharge_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2005 14:18:01 -0700

I would like to play around with importing an export from 8i (nt 4) into 10g (2003). I need to make sure that all the forms 6i form stuff will work (somehow) properly in 10g before I can switch the users over. I suspect it will take me quite some time to iron all that out.  In the meantime, the source 8i database will be changing. So I will need to do the import again. I'm wondering what is a good way to handle this situation? So I would import the user's schemas but not sys nor system, right? Then how do I do the final import when I really
want the data to reflect the current state of the old database? So then I would drop the schema's of the users and do the import again? Received on Thu Jul 07 2005 - 16:18:01 CDT