Re: Prespawning processes on dedicated server (8i)

From: Ramon Poca <ramon.poca_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2005 07:47:52 -0700

>> Also, I've seen much wroten against pooling a pool.
>Without hard technical facts and evidence and proof, that is likely crap spawned by ignorance and stupidity.

Well, I'm no expert. But if MTS is running, you have N dedicated processess served by one dispatcher. If you use no MTS and App. Server connection pooling, you have N dedicated servers served by one dispatcher (on the app. server).

So if you are MTS+pooling, you have one dispatcher connecting to another dispatcher dispatching N dedicated processes.

So where's the benefit of having two queues?

That's what I've extracted from asktom:
"if they are using a connection pool, there is no good reason to use shared
server. The goal of shared server is already being accomplished by the

connection pool and since a shared server connection is by design "slower" than
a dedicated server (more stuff goes on, more complex) it is most likely only
getting in the way. " Received on Mon Jul 04 2005 - 09:47:52 CDT