Re: oralce replication

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:30:55 +0200

Moe wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have 150 tables and i want to have them replicated on three sites.
> two of the sites are running oracle standard edition and one
> enterprise. What's the best way to do that?.
> Can anyone tell me what's the advantages/disadvantages of oracle
> streaming, multimaster replication and master-Materialized View
> replication.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Moe

Apart from versions, the choice between multi-master and master-slave replication is business wise, not technical. Either you have the business requirement to go MM, or you don't. If you don't need it, don't use it; it make life more complicated, and there is no advantage in using MM replication over MS replication, technically.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel